Monday, November 12, 2012

Chapter 1.6 - "This isn't good.."

I stood before the bathroom mirror, eying my hideous reflection, wishing that I still looked as I did before all this happened.


I heard a creaking noise and turned immediately, seeing Katana holding Karlia and looking a little shocked.

"I'm sorry!" She said quickly, as I followed her into the kitchen.

"No, no, it's okay." I say miserably, running my fingers through my hair.

 
"Is something wrong?" She asked, her tone of voice changing to slight worry.
 
I shook my head at first, but decided that I might as well tell her. "It's just, I didn't always look like this, you know?" She nodded, "Sometimes I just wish I could look how I used to again.. It's just frustrating."
 
She scratched her head, then looked as if she had an idea. Suddenly Karlia began to sob, so she quickly put her in her crib and returned to me at once. "I think I can help.." She whispered as she returned, smirking slightly.
 
 
I quirked an eyebrow at her, how could she possibly help me?
 
"The Witch." She said simply, "She's the one who made me this size, she can surely help you too!" She said, a look of excitement played across her face.
 
My eyes lit up, "A witch? Is that really such a good idea?" I asked, nervous about the thought.
 
"Of course! This is perfect! We'll leave tonight, come nightfall!" She jumped excitedly, and I reluctantly agreed.
 
 
That night Katana and I snuck out, heading in the direction of where Katana remembered The Witch's cottage to be.
 
 
"Here it is." Said Katana, stopping infront of a modest sized cottage.
 
"Do you think she's home?" I asked, examining the building.
 
"Where else would a witch be?" Katana snorted, approaching the cottage.
 
 
We stood outside the house after knocking, waiting for a response.. Nothing.
 
 
"See, I told you, she's not-" I was suddenly interrupted by a loud poof!
 
"Trespassers!" A surprisingly beautiful woman with a high pitched voice called at us, scowling intensely.
 
"No, no! Remember me? You made me-" Katana started, but was cut off.
 
"Of course I remember you, elf, and now you hope I'll be able to help your little friend.. Isn't that right, Miss Snow White." She whined in a baby voice, shooting a glare at me when she said my name. "Well," She snapped suddenly, "You're in luck! I help all who come to me- Er- For a price of course.." She said, twiddling her thumbs together.
 
 
"You can make me look like my old self again?" I ask, smiling hopefully.
 
"Yes, yes of course. Now, now, let's get on with it!" She demanded.
 
She smiled and mumbled some magic words, not pausing or stumbling once. When she had finished all I saw was a flash of black, then nothing.. Nothing at all.
 
 
When I first wake up I realize that I am in an enclosed room with four bookcases, one on each wall. I stumble up, feeling confused, and look around the room.
 
 
I look over to one bookcase and my eyes drift downward, and I shreek instantly. I see a girl with a green dress and bright red hair propped up against the shelf who, to my relief, wakes at the sound of my screaming.

 
"Excuse me," I start, "Do you know how I got here?" I ask, hoping she knew. The girl simply shakes her head, not saying a word.
 
 
I watch as the girl's attention is drawn to the corner of the room, so my eyes follow hers. Nothing could've prepared me for what I saw.. It was me, the real me. My face lit up and I looked at my hands, noticing their colour, this is really happening!
 
 
 
"So how do we leave this place?" I ask the girl, excited to tell Doc of the wonderful news. Just then I realized the absence of Katana, and remembered the witch.
 
The girl's expression became sad, and she shook her head.
 
"What does that mean?" I asked, starting to panic. "What does that mean?!" I demanded, frantically searching for an exit.
 
 
The girl's face became sad, she opened her mouth for a split second, but then it faded shut. It was as if she was about to say something, but remembered that she couldn't. It was as if a light bulb had just gone off in my head, "Wait, you don't not want to talk.. You can't talk.." I said, as everything suddenly become clear to me. Oh no, this isn't good..
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment